Custom Procedure Packs
A hospital or surgeon specific set of disposable medical products provided in a single packed sterile tray format, delivered on a just-in-time basis.
Pennine Healthcare produces Custom Procedure Packs for various surgical procedures such as Cardiology, Orthopaedics, Neurosurgery, Laparoscopy and ENT, bespoke to Hospitals and Clinician’s.
- Reduction in emergency surgery response times
- Reduction of lay-up times for procedures, release of expensive nursing time for other activities
- Reduced ordering and administration costs
- Reduction of clinical waste in the theatre - environmentally friendly
- More time for direct patient care
- Complete traceability of all CE marked components used
- Access to a wide range of drape manufacturers
- Eradication of errors in setting up
- Caters for surgeon's preference
- Latex content identified
You can view our Custom Procedure Pack brochure here.
Research published in the British Journal of Perioperative Nursing (January 2001) by Baines and Colquhoun using data obtained during their study at the Neuro Theatres at North Bristol NHS Trust concluded that there were three key areas where procedure packs produced benefits:
Time taken to lay up a theatre in preparation for a procedure
Reduction in the number of stocked items required for a procedure,thereby reducing waste, ordering costs, packaging etc
The costs associated with the stock holding of individual stock items - one off inventory advantage