Here at Pennine, we are proud to work with our community and have the platform to provide opportunities to our local young people, therefore, we are thrilled to be celebrating National Apprenticeship Week!
Over the last few years, we have had 4 apprentices on-site, with one qualifying recently with a Distinction grade, and gaining their full time position within the Pennine team.
Our other three apprentices are still with us, completing their studies, gaining valuable work experience, all whilst earning a competitive salary.
Get to know our Apprentices:
Our newest apprentice Daisy, joined us in January 2024, as our International Sales Administration Apprentice. Daisy finished her A-Levels where she studied English, Science, and History, then after travelling the world, she joined us to complete her Level 3 in Business Administration. Daisy is motivated in her apprenticeship by ‘wanting to gain experience with a good company in order to develop her skills and gain a long-term place at Pennine’.
Ruby was our first apprentice who joined us in Quality and Regulatory, but recently reviewed her position and joined our Customer Service Team as their apprentice! Ruby joined us back in October 2022, after completing her GCSE’s in Business, History and Spanish. She explains, ‘I believe Pennine has helped me grow confidence in myself and gave me the opportunity to gain skills that i can keep with me, i am glad i can continue to learn here.’
Ollie is our Electrical Engineer Apprentice within our Maintenance department! Ollie joined us November 2022, after completing his GCSE’s in Drama, Design Technology, Geography, and Business. He explains that he is motivated by ‘the opportunity to learn new skills, gain valuable qualifications, and access a route to further career advancements’.
Why Choose an Apprenticeship?
1) They allow you to gain valuable skills – Learn new skills, whilst within the job role.
2) Increase experience in your chosen sector – Find out whether the industry suits you whilst learning.
3) Develops employability – Apprenticeships increase staff loyalty and retention.
4) Career and learning support – Receive support from both your employer and training provider.
5) Qualifications – Gain valuable qualifications to put on your CV.
6) Earning on the job – Receive a salary/wage for the work you complete.
Find out more about our latest career opportunities here.